Monday

We communicate, but do we really communicate?

I'm sure there are some very respectable people out there that are paid plenty to advise others on how the future generations will communicate. Well I am one number that will not be following fashion trends in communication like all the other sheep out there.

I'm sick and tired of people using these forms of "communication" on university computers. Professional agencies have made these sites unattainable, I spoke to a friend at Freud Communications and his office has banned these sites. Why cant we do the same at university?

I have lived a very social life thus far and I seem to be getting further enraged by the day. Why must we bog up time and energy talking to people who we may not really care about. If you use facebook or any other "social" networking site, I challenge you today to answer this question - have you used these forms of media away from your personal PC and/or have you used these media to talk to someone who you do not rank as a loved one or a good friend?

If you have your hacking me off and wasting other people's time, space and energy. Sorry.

3 comments:

Natalie T said...

I can completely understand where you are coming from with your standagainst such groups as facebook and such like. But today I went on facebook and created a group publicising a future charity event that I am involved in...this I feel shows that these communication networks are not completely time wasting and can in fact create awareness of issues and topics that otherwise may not be approached. True not many people pay much attention to the information I have provided but out of two hundred people there must be at least several people (in leeds mostly i'm hoping)that will take stock and even get involved in what I am informing them about.

Unknown said...

Interesting stuff. Wouldn't say I'm anti-Facebook, but I touched on a few similar points in my blog: http://robtaylor.prblogs.org/

Rob Taylor

Unknown said...

I agree that it's unfair that you might struggle to find a PC to do your work, due to people probably wasting their time on Facebook. Perhaps a designated number of computers could be set aside for people who want to use these sites, while the majority could block them and be used solely for academic purposes.