Tuesday

Why Do We Travel?

Many of us have traveled. I mean backpacked that type of thing. And for those who haven't, they ask me, 'Whats the best thing about traveling?' or 'Is it not really scary?'. And I find I tend to answer completely differently depending on my mood, or the type of people who ask me.

So bare with me as I wright down why I think you should travel if you haven't already and maybe answer the question 'is it scary?'.

I travel because England is not very inspiring in the summer. We attract millions of tourists and that's cool, but they dont have to live here all year. I love England. Literally I cant imagine being away from it too long. I miss the culture, accent's, the little sayings we have, the little things in life we as Brits can only understand etc etc. But when you go far far away your mind opens up. When your on the move from A to B your mind is constantly busy with meeting new people, thinking what to do, where to go, who to talk to, what to eat, what to drink, who to chat up, who to ask if their up for a game of UNO etc etc.

When you travel 3 months go in like 3 weeks. Boom you land, you have fun, you do a hell of a lot, meet people you never forget, see things you'll never forget, do things you'll never forget, and Boom your home. I travel because its the best way to kill time while you figure stuff out. Whether what to do with your life, or what to eat for breakfast when you get back.

Just do it and get out there. There are a few lame excuses that you hear from time to time. I suppose if you want to do something you just do it. You make it happen. Those who go year to year saying 'Oooh I will travel but I just need to save money', trust me, just go and stop wasting our time.

When I got back from Asia I had no job, no money, nowhere to live. Guess what. I got a new house with my best two mates. I got offered three jobs at once, and money wise, I got it sorted!

Things will work out in the end, as long as you have family and friends who can help you out with a floor to sleep on for a while, or a couple of hundred quid stashed away for a rainy day.

Is it scary?

Hell Ya!!

I won't go into it, but my first 24hours in Bangkok, my first ever trip away backpacking. I was in tears and wanted to go home. If it wasn't for that first traumatic experience that grew a thick layer of skin, I don't think I could have made it through all the tough situations you can find yourself in. The world is a dangerous place sometimes. But even paradise has hazards. The garden of Eden had an evil talking snake for god's sake. Is England any safer?

Back your bags. Get out there. Go with a mate if it helps. Take your camera and enjoy.

No comments: